Friday, September 17, 2010

One Month, One Day

Dear Simon,

It has been a month and one day since you came into the world and changed my life. It has been a month since I got to hold your hand and talk to you. It has been a month since we said goodbye. Not a day has gone by that I have not missed you and talked to you and wanted you back. You daddy and I wanted you before you were even created, and we waited for you with such excitement. We weren't expecting to meet you until Halloween, and we were scared when you decided to come early. But we were still excited to meet you. We never imagined we would only get you for 15 short hours. You were so perfect. You had the cutest little nose. You had your daddy's dark hair and my long fingers and toes. You liked to hold on to our fingers, and only our fingers. You liked to give trouble to your nurse, Mandy. You had ticklish feet. I could have watched you and held you forever. I am so sorry that we got sick. I'm so sorry that I could not protect you and make you better. I would give anything for you to be safe in my tummy where you belong. I wish I knew that this would happen so that could have documented every second of our time together. Every kick, every heartbeat, every craving. I cherish them all. I love you so much, and I miss you every second.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment