Sunday, January 23, 2011

Friends

Dear Simon,

Yesterday, our story was featured on the Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope website. That's right, you're internet famous now. I have been feeling so alone with our disease. You just don't meet people who catch listeria. I always checked all the websites to find someone like us, and there was never anyone. So that's why I wrote to the FOL people. I figured if I felt like that, maybe someone else out there feels the same, and they can read our story and not feel so alone. And guess what happened? A very nice mommy emailed me! She had a baby girl, Atalee, who was due right when you were due. And they got sick with listeria, too. Ati joined you as an angel October 27th. Make sure you find her and be her friend. Her mommy and daddy miss her so much, just like Daddy and I miss you. Thank you so much for guiding me to find so many wonderful angel mommies like Ati's mommy. You are such a blessing in my life. I live for you and I try every day to do what would make you proud to call me your mom. Just like I am so proud to call you my son. I love you and miss you and I'm sending you tons and tons of hugs and kisses.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment